The Oxford College of Engineering library was established in the year 2000. It is a main resource of knowledge, which is an integral and important part of our institute of higher learning. The library aims to stock all the books and periodicals that the students and faculties are Science, Management, Science & Technology and Humanities. Addition to this, MBA, MCA library, B. Architecture library and eleven more Departmental libraries are also functioning under this Library & Information Centre.
TOCE Central library catalogue database has more than 57218 Books, 3085 CD’s, 1350 Bound Volumes and 18 News Papers. Using LIBSOFT Library Software Administrator Can Search the Dept. Library Catalogue by Author, Title, Subject, and Keywords. Also, the administrator can know the latest additions of books issue, return, renewal and OPAC search and other library activities are computerized by using LIBSOFT Library Software. Students and faculties can utilize the library regularly in an effective manner.
To build the library as a center for excellence in accessing the right information at a right time to the right user.
To embrace the principle of excellence in advancing the teaching, learning, research, and service mission of the Institute through the acquisition, organization and management of collections for access and use, through the provision of reference and instructional services, and through a variety of collaborative and reciprocal.
LIBRARY SOFTWARE: LIBSOFT
The library remains open from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
BORRWING HOURS: 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (Monday-Saturday).
1. 57,218 volumes of text books and reference books with different titles
2. Bound Volumes of Printed Journals 1350.
3. Books oriented CD’s 3085
4. VTU Consortium E – Resources & E- Journals.
5. IP based VTU Consortium Online Databases Access
6. Book Bank Facility for SC/ST Students
7. Earlier Exam question papers collection
8. News papers & General Magazines
9. Internet access facility
10. Reprography / Document Scanning
The Oxford College of Engineering has become the member to VTU E – resources Consortium, Belagavi, Karnataka. Through the Consortium college library has access to IEEE, Elsevier, Taylor & Francis , Springer Nature, Emerald, Proquest, Knimbus (Remote Access + Discovery), Net Analytics / Sententia and Turnitin (Vertual Library).
1. Open Access System
2. Circulation Facility
3. Book Bank Facility: Books will be issued to SC/ST Students for 30 days.
4. Reference Services
5. OPAC Search Services
6. Internet Browsing Services
7. Display New Arrivals
8. Departmental Libraries for Faculty
9. News Paper Clipping Services
10. Selective Dissemination of Information Service
11. Current Awareness Service (CAS)
12. Inter Library Access Service
13. E- Journals & E – Resources Access
14. Reprography services
15. Question Bank Services
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before Entering library.
2. Students should produce their I.D card / Smart card whenever they enter the library.
3. Borrower must responsible for borrowed books.
4. Silence to be maintained.
5. No discussion permitted inside the library.
6. Membership Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the Library resources.
7. Reference books / Journals / Dissertations are allowed to take outside from the library.
8. No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
9. Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
10. Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or Headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
11. Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
12. The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the Member shall return the same immediately.
13. Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
14. Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
15. Before collect the no due from the library they should return borrowed books.
|DEPT.WISE BOOKS STATISTICAL REPORT AS ON 15-02-2022.|
|SL.No.||DEPT||BRANCH||ENGG. UG||ENGG. PG||TOTAL|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGG. (PG)||136||551||136||551|
|COMPUTER NETWORK ENGG. (PG)||132||469||132||469|
|DIGITAL COMMUNICATION NETWORKING (PG)||77||407||77||407|
|DIGITAL ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION (PG)||113||437||113||437|
|VLSI DESIGN AND EMBEDDED SYSTEM (PG)||5||50||5||50|
|POWER ELECTRONICS (PG)||176||545||176||545|
|COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN INDUSTRIAL DRIVES (PG)||33||78||33||78|
|THERMAL POWER ENGG. (PG)||95||412||95||412|
|MACHINE DESIGN (PG)||31||113||31||113|
|STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING (PG)||43||240||43||240|
|AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING (PG)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9||CTM||CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT||56||328||56||328|
|12||SC.& HUM||SC. / HUM||466||2915||466||2915|
|BE ACCESSION REGISTER||6514||27596||865||3373||7379||30969|
|BBBE ACCESSION REGISTER||867||1968||0||0||867||1968|
|GRAND TOTAL (ENGG. UG & PG BOOKS WITH BOOK BANK)||7381||29564||865||3373||8246||32937|
|TOTAL BOOKS ENGG+ARC||8115||30710||865||3373||8980||34083|
|MBA BOOK BANK||0||0||100||153||100||153|
|MCA BOOK BANK||0||0||111||293||111||293|
|TOTAL ENGINEERING + ARC+MBA,MCA LIBRARY BOOKS||14296||57006|
|BECC ( Complimentary Copies)||212||212|
|E -Books ( Through VTU Consortium )||10,869||10,869|
|ENGINEERING + ARC+MBA,MCA LIBRARY BOOKS||25377||68087|
|LIBRARY BOOKS ORIENTED CD'S|
|1||BE UG / PG CD'S||2151|
|JOURNALS BOUND VOLUMES|
|1||BE UG / PG||283||869|
Covers IEEE e-Journals, Conference Proceedings and Standards
(530,000 Papers –from 100core IEEE Conference titles in POP)
|ASCE Digital Library
Covers 35 e-Journals
|Taylor and Francis
Covers 555 e-Journals
|Covers 3900 e-Journals, Conference Proceedings and 7800 Abstracts.|
|Proquest VTU Technology Collection:
|Emerald Management First Database
120 e-journals, case studies, interviews, mgt interview, conscience article
Covers e-Books 10,000+
Plagiarism Originality Online Check*
LANQUILL (Writing Grammar Tool)
|NOTE: All the above Resources are IP based and accessible within TOCE campus only|
|Open Access – E-Resources|
|Free Engineering NPTEL Videos|
|DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals|
|OAJSE – Open Access Journals Search Engine|
|DOAB – Directory of Open Access Books|
|Bookboon’s free online textbooks|